Monday, November 18, 2013

Thing 20



YouTube is a great source of entertainment and education. While every website has its downfalls, YouTube is no different. There is content that is not quite appropriate for young students, but with parental controls should be easy to regulate what your children can or cannot watch. With YouTube, I like that I am able to search almost anything that I want. I was able to search multiple different things and found videos that were interesting for all different ages. I chose the video "I'm Just a Bill" because not only is it a classic that most people have seen at least once, but it is a very educational video that children can learn from. I remember being in elementary school seeing this video for the first time and then seeing it again later in my educational career. It is just a fun way to learn something that can in a sense be so boring. A great feature of YouTube is the ability to share videos. If I had a classroom website or blog, I would be able to post links/videos right to my web page. This would allow the children to have an additional resource of learning. Also with YouTube, I would be able to create my own videos and post them on my class website. This would allow for students who were out of class see the lessons or materials we studied and stay on track with the rest of the children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment