Monday, November 25, 2013

Thing 23

On the 23 Things main blogging page I was able to find the following credit: "Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers is based on Learning 2.0 - 23 Things, a staff development program for the Mesquite Independent School District. That program was based on the Learning 2.0 program that was designed by Helene Blowers and adapted by the California School Library Association and others. Content and style for Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers has been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License."

This reference gives credit to the original creators and allows for us to use their ideas underneath the Creative Commons License. Now that I am more aware of what Creative Commons is and how it is used, I am most definitely going to use this within my classroom. I have already created a instructional PowerPoint about Creative Commons to use in my classroom. This will allow the children to understand why it is so important not to copy someone else's work without their permission and how they can avoid getting in trouble for it. Being a future teacher, I know that I will want to share my created works with other teachers. Creative Commons allows me to share my work publicly, but also remain protected. No one else will be able to steal my work and use it as their own without giving me credit for what I have done. I think this is a great tool to allow the world to share their creations and still remain in control of the rights to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment