Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thing 19

Social media websites can be useful tools when looking for information or wanting to collaborate with others who are into the same things you are. Educators can use these websites to find out information on various topics, find useful projects, and helpful hints. Along with Facebook, and now Twitter, I am also a member of Pinterest. I started following this about a year ago and use this to create DIY craft projects. I have made 2-3 of them so far and they have turned out fairly well. There are many projects and activities posted on Pinterest that would be great for teachers to use. Although I am not an active "member", I do use IMDB a lot to look up various actors and movies. When looking through other various social networks, I have found that many of them are just like one another. For instance, IMDB and Filmcrave as well as GoodReads and Shelfari are about the same things. I currently use other websites that serve the same purpose and personally, I like those other websites better. Of various social media sites that I looked through, I believe that Classroom 2.0 Ning is the most useful one that I would later use. This website talks about using technology in the classroom. This could be very beneficial when wanting to implement new things into your lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment